Did you know that…?
- 38% of the world’s land is used for agriculture.
- World production value of agriculture is 3.269.457 million US$.
- 2.5 billion tonnes of cereals are produced annualy.
- Smallholders produce 80% of food consumed in developing countries.
- Poultry birds make up over 80% of all livestock.
- 56% of chickens live in Asia.
Agricultural statistics form the basis of policy and decisions, from where to invest and what to grow, to whether the population has enough food to eat.
This interesting infographic, made by the FAO – an organization that collates and disseminates food and agriculture statistics from approximately 245 countries and 35 regions from 1961 to the present – shows a glimpse of the numbers collected in a very visual way.
For more data visit FAOSTAT.